Friday, February 17, 2017

Our little Condo

Life circumstances has forced us to downsize from a 1200 square foot colonial to a 920 square foot condo with only one bathroom. We are making due with the one bathroom, but it can be tricky when someone is in the shower and someone has to use the bathroom.  Our college-aged daughter lives with us and prefers not to share the facilities when she is in there.  I understand why she doesn't want to share with her father, but not sharing with her mother I don't really understand.  

Anyway, on a more positive note.  We love it here.  We love the coziness and inexpensive option we have.  My husband doesn't have to cut grass or rack leaves.  We have flower gardens and a vegetable patch to brighten our yard.  Thanks to my sister, we have a wonderful place to live.

I am starting a little tour so that I can share the positive side of downsizing.  Here is my favorite shelf of our bookshelf my sister gave to us:




It makes me smile just to look at it.  She also gave us the vase.  The paper flower was from the home and flower show a few years back.  A young man gave it to our daughter.  The four figures are dreamsicles I believe.  The little metal tin in the shape of a house was given to me by my husband.  I think it was a present from the trash.  He worked around scrap metal for years.  The saucer is from a thrift shop.  I purchased that saucer for 1.00 or so before my daughter was born.  She is now almost 20 years old.

No comments:

Post a Comment